I’ll be doing a small update in the etsy shop on Wednesday, April 20th at 11am Pacific Time. I have 3 quilted project bags that are almost complete. Wanna see?
I finally got up the nerve to try out some of the fun embroidery settings on my sewing machine that I got for Christmas. I thought the vines with leaves was appropriate to put with the birds. And, I don’t have any idea what I was so nervous about! It was super, duper easy and not nearly as time consuming as I thought. Fun, eh?
Apparently, I’m on a bird kick right now!
And now, for a different kind of WIP….our yard:
I wish I had thought to take a picture before we started hacking at the shrubs and trees, so you could see just how much better it actually looks! The Japanese maple on the left had branches that were hanging all the way down to the ground and out into the driveway. Believe it, or not, but the Holly Bush/Tree was at least 3 feet taller and substantially wider. The front yard still needs quite a bit of work, but it’s certainly looking much better. Now, if only we could wave a magic wand and get rid of the ugly metal roof!
Edited: I found a picture from the inspection that shows the front of the house:
I think those are all the updates for now! I’ll be sure to post pictures of the bags once they’re finished (either Monday or early Tuesday).
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!