I finished my shawl for Camp Loopy (well, not the official one since I didn’t purchase the yarn there…) on Friday night after knitting for a couple of hours in the car and finishing up the last few rows at the hotel!
Modifications: I was going to say none…but then I remembered that the pattern called for fingering weight yarn and size 5 needles. I used size 6 needles and sportweight yarn. But other than that, I followed the pattern exactly and had plenty of yarn leftover. The body of the shawl is knit from 3 balls of yarn, which was really annoying for the first handful of rows. Once the rows became a bit longer and I didn’t have to juggle the yarn quite so frequently, it wasn’t so bad. The yarn was gorgeous to knit with, so the never-ending ruffle was actually enjoyable! The pictures are of the shawl unblocked. I’m not sure I’ll block it much larger, and it looks surprisingly good before blocking!
I’m beyond pleased with the finished product! And I think I’ve developed a shawl addiction….now to figure out which shawl to cast on for next!